Monday, August 3, 2015

The Detox Bath Experience

Being that my 21st birthday was this past Friday, I had a lot of detoxing to do. I had a very, VERY busy and long weekend. I have alway been curious about detox baths so I decided to give it a try this past Sunday.
long day bath.gif

Here are some of the benefits of detoxing according to bembu.com:
  • Boosts energy
  • Rids body of waste
  • Builds stronger immune system
  • Improves skin
  • Gives you a clear head
  • Helps you feel an overall sense of lightness, in a positive way

Here are some of the benefits of a detox bath according to healthylivinghowto.com:
  • Eases stress
  • Improves sleep
  • Flush toxins through sweat
  • Reduce inflammation to reduce muscle pain
  • Eases headaches

So, my first step was of course going on Pinterest for recipes.
pinterest.gif

I began by running warm water (as hot as I could get it without compromising my comfort) in my freshly cleaned bath tub. I created a bath recipe that I poured into the running water which was:
milk bath.gif

As the bath ingredients was getting mixed up and settled into the water, the aroma was getting pleasantly stronger and so was the heat radiating from the bath (which was not so pleasant).
getting hot in here.gif

After my bath was full enough, I let it cool down for about 5 minutes. I then eased my way into the water, fearing for my life because the tub floor was so slippery.
penguine slipping.gif

I don’t know if it was because the water was so hot or because my window was not open like it normally is (something I would never do again while taking these steamy baths), but I immediately began sweating.
sweating a lot.gif

I was starting to wonder if this bath and myself was meant to be. I quickly grabbed my phone which was right next to my bath (I know, not the best place for it to be) and I googled if sweating was a normal effect of detox baths. I was happy to see on realfoodrn.com that all my water works were not only normal but beneifting me, so I decided to stick it out.  Like a BOSS.
nicki minja having fun in gif.gif

Even though I was still sweating I began to relax myself as I listened to my Erica Badu Pandora Station.
jaming in bath.gif

The water began to cool down and I was having fun with the bubbles (don’t judge me).
baby taking bath.gif

After about 30 minutes, I released the bath through the drain and felt a little light headed (probably because I wasn’t drinking water during the bath like I should have).
pass out.gif

Due to all my sweating, I didn’t necessarily feel the cleanest. I decided to take a quick warm shower using my Bath and Body Works Sleep Aromatherapy Body Wash. After that, I wrapped myself in my towel and had to take a minute just to regain my normal body temperature.
cat drying off in bath gif.gif

I put on a pair of light pajamas, I made a healthy, light meal of grilled shrimp and broccoli. I also drunk a TON of water. After replenishing myself, I felt like a million bucks.
oprah relaxing bath.gif

I layed down immediately after my meal and after about one episode of Martin, I was out for the count and I slept like a baby through the night.
sleeping baby.gif

I would definitely encourage you to try one of these! Throughout the sweats and the  heat, you still feel a sense of relaxation and like you just had a day at the spa.
treat yo self.gif

Tips during bath:
  • Take a cool shower after the bath to cool your body
  • Drink a lot of water during and after the bath to stay hydrated
drinking water.gif
  • Don’t take a bath longer than a hour
  • If you are hungry afterward, just eat a small salad, soup, or fruit. You don’t want to eat anything that would put toxins back into your body
  • Breathe in and out slowly
breathe in and out.gif
  • Sleep in breathable clothing so your body can cool off
  • Play calming music during and after the bath to get your head in the right space
  • Enjoy a good night’s sleep!
sleeping comfortably.gif


-LisaLenora

No comments:

Post a Comment