Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bringing in the Big 2 1 in a Healthy Way!

Here it is! That day that all college students can’t wait for. The day that brings a big relief to those (underage) party goers! The big 2 1 birthday! In the spirit of my 21 birthday being this Friday, I am going to share with you guys how I will bring in my birthday in a healthy way (atleast I’m going to try really hard too).


First, let's get this out the way. No more of these days (you know, for my friends because I never drank before)
how are we going to buy alcohol.gif


We all know that too much alcohol can not only cause weight gain but can seriously cause some bodily harm or worse, cause a hangover (seriously, bodily harm is definitely worse). According to the National Institute of Alcohol and Abuse these are some of the effects of drinking too much alcohol.
  • Interference with the brain’s communication pathways which can cause drastic changes in mood and behavior. (That never a good thing)
  • Can potentially cause serious heart damage. (Yikes!)
  • Can cause inflammations in the liver. (Sounds painful)
  • Can cause the pancreas to produce toxins. (Nobody likes toxins)
  • Can even cause various cancers.


do u thnk tht alcohol is cool.gif


Ok, now that my teaching is over I am going to share with you what I will do on my big night to celebrate in a healthy way prevent all those things from happening, so listen up all you young whippersnappers. You may need this advice when the glorious 2 1 comes your way (and not a day before!)
listen up.gif


First off, I (and neither should you) will never, never, NEVER accept drinks from a stranger or leave your drink unattended. Its easy for people to slip drugs into your drink and no one wants that. If I just so happen leave a drink unattendant, I will just throw it away.
throw drinks away.gif


You must remember hydration is key. I am going to make sure I drink plenty of water during the special night to prevent dehydration.
drinking water funny.gif


I will make sure to eat a full meal before the festivities began and during. It is NEVER  a good (or smart) idea to drink on an empty stomach.
eating chicken.gif


A tip that I have learned from older friends is to mix drinks with juice. Instead of doing a full glass of alcohol, I will mix some glasses with half juice, half alcohol.
pouring uice.gif


Order alcoholic beverages with ice. When the ice melts, the beverage will becoming diluted.
Melting_icecubes.gif


I am not going to partake in the carbonated mixer drinking. According to webmd.com, carbonated mixers increase the rate of alcohol absorption in the blood, and for me thats a big no no!
carbonated mixers.gif


I am also going to keep track of the alcohol that I consume to make sure that I am not just downing shot after shot, which can cause me to unintentionally go over my limit. (Even if I have to use my fingers as a counting system)
Counting-Fingers-GIF.gif


I’m going to make sure to tell my friends not to let me overindulge in the drinking festivities. This way I know that even if I can’t count on myself, I have someone else to help me out.
try with a little help from friends.gif


Last, but not least I am going to just say no! I know there will be many pressures coming from everyone that night to keep going on the tequila train, but it is important to know when you have had enough.
no.gif


Extra Tip: NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE. I will have a designated driver for the night to ensure to the safety of myself and others.

drive safe.gif

-LisaLenora

No comments:

Post a Comment